I am grateful for Thanksgiving. It reminds us to be grateful for what we do have rather than always focusing on what we don't have. This was the first Thanksgiving completely on my own. Usually I make something to contribute to the meal. I have never made the main event let alone the whole thing. In the days leading up to this big day I planned my menu and tried to have confidence that I had the skills and abilities to pull it all off. This morning as I started to put the individual pieces of the meal together I started out very nervous but ended at ease. Staying busy and tying it all together helped me focus and forget for a time what I was missing out on thousands of miles away. I am grateful that the meal actually turned out well. I will have to work on doing mom's rolls (they didn't come out quite right). It all tasted great and the kids said they loved all the food. I took pictures but I will have to wait until we have internet again to post them. I liked all the food so I will be posting the recipes on my recipe blog when I have time. In a little bit we will be putting up our Christmas tree and I will post pictures of that at some point as well.
I am grateful for this season of thanksgiving.
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment