November 15, 2011

2011 Gratitude #15

I am grateful for sleep.  For the past few days our sleep has been interrupted by children waking up in the middle of the night.  I also noticed that both Les and I would wake up several times a night for an unknown reason.  It makes for long nights.  No matter what happens in the middle of the night you have to get up the next morning to take care of your family.  In my case, the kids don't sleep past 7 and need me to be up taking care of them.  For Les he has to get up and head to work.  Last night I finally had the most uninterrupted sleep I've had in a while.  I feel much better today.  We will see how long it lasts.  I remember when I was pregnant with Sammi.  I was going to school and taking care of Emma.  I remember waking up a lot in the night.  One time I remember thinking, "Why am I not sleeping while I still can?  In a few months I'll have a newborn and be sleep deprived then."  Not having an answer I tried to sleep some more.  Over time I came to think that pregnant women don't sleep well to train them for those nights when the baby will keep them up at night.  That way it isn't a sudden thing.  You slowly work into it and are kind of use to the sleepless nights.  At least I think it is true for me.  It isn't true for everyone.  So knowing that more sleepless nights are to come I am grateful right here and now that I have gotten some sleep.

No comments: