November 7, 2011

2011 Gratitude #5

My fifth gratitude is for blogger.  I have struggled in the past to come up with things to post.  I originally started this blog so that I could put pictures up and tell cute stories about the kids and have family and friends access it anytime they wanted to check up on us.  I'll admit that I have a problem with keeping in contact with people.  After telling the same story over and over I couldn't remember who had heard it and who hadn't.  This simplified things a lot.  I could put the story on here and then anyone who really cared to know could read it for themselves.  It was also a way of letting distant relatives that I hardly see (let alone talk to) be a part of our lives.  It has saddened me from time to time when I am craving information about loved ones and I get onto blogger only to find that the majority of the people on my blog list haven't posted again.  Not that it is a bad thing.  To each there own.  However, would it kill some of you to update at least once a year?  I'm not asking for much just one post to update pics of your kids and let us know what is going on.  Again you don't have to if you don't want to but know that you would have at least one reader (ME).  I know that isn't great incentive but I would like to remain close to my family anyway I can.  Family has always been important to me.  I feel that we are slipping apart.  We aren't as important to each other as we once were.  It worries me.  I don't want to come for a visit and no one really cares.  I want people to miss us and to care that we are near by for a short time.  I want my kids to remember each and everyone of you.  Not just to remember you but to know you.  Sorry I got a little carried away.  That is one of the many things I am grateful for.  Blogger has become a way to say things that are important to me.  It has become almost a journal.  I can go into details here that I don't dare do on any other media.  I know get out a pen or pencil and write in a real journal.  Confession time again: I am terrible at keeping a journal.  I have tried to do a regular journal and couldn't keep at it for long.  I also tried to do a scripture journal.  I did a lot better with that until I misplaced the notebook I was keeping it in (I found it as I was packing to move; it has been months since I last wrote in it).  While I am not good at doing this daily either I do cover a lot more ground in one post.  I have done posts that cover a whole month.  Also I can include pictures to help tell the stories. 
Ok you get the picture.  I am grateful for blogger!

No comments: