I am sad that November is coming to a close. It has been good for me (how about you?) to find things that mean so much to me. Things that I am grateful to have in my life. While I won't be writing anymore posts on what I am grateful for I will still be looking. It makes such a difference to find one thing to be grateful for. One thing that has made a difference to your life.
On that note I present my final gratitude. I am grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and his son, my personal Savior, Jesus Christ. My faith in them changed to knowledge a long time ago. It was at a time in my life that I felt my self-esteem had been beaten down so low that it couldn't go any lower. At that time my mother came to me and told me I needed to work it out and talk things through. She was afraid that if I held it in any longer I would explode. To tell you the truth I did feel like I was on the edge of explosion. It is not a pretty thing to see let alone feel. While there were things I could talk through with her there were other things that hurt so deeply that I couldn't say them out loud. So I took them to my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. My pain was taken away. I was spiritually and emotionally healed. Since that time no matter what else is going on in my life I have never come close to to doubting their existance. Nor have I ever doubted their love for me. I know they live. I know my Father in Heaven is the one true God of this world. I know that His son was sent here to die so that I could live again. I know that Jesus Christ went into the garden of gethsemine to suffer and bleed to pay for my sins. He is my Savior.
I pray that I can teach my children so that they too can come to know these things. I want them to develop a personal relationship with their Savior. He is there waiting for us to open our hearts to him. He is holding out his hand for us to take. He wants to help us. He wants to guide us. We do not have to go through this life on our own. Yes, there will still be trials. Yes, we will still experience pain and suffering. Did you know you don't have to deal with it all on your own? Hand it over to the Savior. He will take it away and leave you with peace and love instead.
I cannot tell you of the many times this knowledge has gotten me through the pains and trials of life. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment