I am grateful for friends. Friends are important to have. They lift you up and make you want to be a better person. While I don't have the time or finger strength to type out all those I consider friends I do want to mention a few. To my good friend Kim I am so grateful that I was able to get to know you and hang out with you. I am also grateful that even after you moved away to college that you still wanted to be my friend. Even though we are far apart I am grateful that we are still building our relationship through an occasional phone call and email. I must admit that there is one thing above all of these others that I am grateful to you for. You introduced me to my husband. I still tease him about asking you on a date right after we met. Kim you are a wonderful person and the greatest for friends. I always think with fondness to the times we hung out. You have never been one for negativity. You lift others up. I never had to wonder why you always had a ton of people vying for your attention. You are a friend to all. I love you. Thank you so much.
To my friend Tai I know we never see each other and haven't spent much time talking (you are so busy it is hard to get time with you). No matter what happens in life I will always consider you one of my closest friends. After most of my friends in high school graduated and moved away you picked me up and carried me through those last two years for high school. Then you let me follow you to Snow College. Not only that but you wanted to be my roommate. I loved every second of it. I would so do those years again. Take care of that cute little family of yours. Tell Wes he better take good care of you or he will have to deal with me. Thank you for being my friend.
To my friend Megan I love to be around you. Your laugh and bright personality lift me up. You are amazing. I am grateful that we were able to meet and be roommates at Snow College. Those were some of the best times of my life. I am sorry that I didn't get to tell you goodbye before we left Logan. You were so busy with your students I didn't want to interrupt. They are so lucky to have a teacher like you. I wish Emma had gotten into your class. I know she would have loved you. Keep in touch please. Thank you for being my friend. You have made me a better person.
To my friend Corinna you are wonderful example to me. I always felt protective of you because you were so passive. I didn't like it when people tried to walk all over you. You were to good a person to let them get away with it. I am grateful we got to know each other at college. I am grateful I can read up on your blog to see how your little family is growing and changing. I wish you luck and happiness. Thank you for being my friend.
Lastly to my friend Kayla. I am sorry it took me so long to come around. I was trying really hard not to get emotionally attached to the area or the people. You managed to break through. Thank you for that. I didn't realize it at the time but I needed to have your guidance and influence in my life. Thank you for being there when all seemed to go wrong. Thank you for helping me keep my head up and strong enough to push forward. You have no idea what you have done for me. There are no words that can adequately express it or what it has meant to me. I am grateful that I got to know you. I am grateful that you allowed my children to learn from yours. Thank you for being my friend.
I have been lucky to have had such great friends. I am grateful to each one. I have learned many things from them. Some of which I learned was about the person I was and the person I wanted to be after spending time with you. You have each done something to shape my life. Thank you. I am grateful for friends.
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment