November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween from Maryland!

As we were preparing for our move to Maryland I thought a lot about how to make Halloween special for the girls while we would be in a strange place without friends or family.   I made sure that I packed their costumes to bring on the plane.   I wanted the girls to have a great holiday and I think they did.  We started with Saturday October 29th with a Chili Cook Off and Trunk-or-Treat with our new ward.
 Emma and Les
 Khloe and Samantha
 Sammi chowing down on Chili (she was the first one to finish)
 Khloe enjoying her dinner
 Emma looks sick but she had just stuffed her mouth full of corn bread
 Les thinking about making a funny face for the camera.  Thankfully he did resist.
 Family photo at the trunk-or-treat.
I know this pic is crazy but it shows how crazy Sammi was being.  Poor girl was freezing.  She couldn't stop moving.  All through the trunk-or-treat and afterward while taking pictures she was hopping up and down.  Not to worry though we got them into the car right after this and turned on the heater. Of course, they also got to eat a few pieces of candy.
Next we go to Halloween day!  We ran some errands in the morning including sending out a letter to some of our friends.  Then for dinner I made:
 Chicken Cordon Bleu my style (meaning with what limited supplies I have).  It was super good.
 After dinner Les took the girls outside to run around,
jump like frogs (or bunnies depending on who you ask),
 run circles around each other,
 and play ring around the rosies!  Then we went in to make sugar cookies.  I do this every year with the kids.  Usually I make my own dough, have cookie cutters, frost the cookies, and drop them off to neighbors. This year was different obviously but I tried to keep the spirit of the activity.  So this is Khloe putting sprinkles on her cookies.
 Here are pics of Sammi and Emma putting sprinkles on their cookies.
 Before and after cooking.
We had apples covered in carmel with our cookies for dessert. 
It was all so good.  The girls seemed to have a great time.  After we ate we watched It's the Great Pumpin, Charlie Brown.  Then we got ready for bed and Skyped with Grandma and Grandpa Perkins.  It was a great Halloween.  We hope you all were able to enjoy family time this Halloween as well.

No comments: