November 11, 2010

Gratitude #11

Gratitude #11 is . . . . Happy Veteran's Day!  I think I have mentioned this before but this is a bigger holiday for Les than even Christmas.  This has been and always will be Les' holiday.  After all we are celebrating him and all other veterans.  I don't find this a hard holiday to celebrate so I cooperate.  In fact, I celebrated this holiday well before I met Les.  My mom is a teacher and every year she puts on a program for Veterans Day.  Veterans from around the community come and the kids sing to them.  Then my mom shows the most recent patriotic slide show she has put together.  After all of that there is usually a meal (I haven't been able to go the last few years so I am not sure with budget cuts and poor economy if this still happens; mom don't be afraid to jump in and correct any of this) and the kids and vets all sit together.  When I met Les and he found out about it he was excited about going to see it.  Then my mom made him stand with the other vets for a picture.  At that time he was still new to the whole veteran thing since he hadn't been back from Iraq even 7 months.  Every year he looks forward to it though.  Even when we can't make it he talks about it in the days leading up to it telling me he wishes we could be there.   

Just a few pics in honor of this great day.

These are my brothers Bryan and David
And of course my honey!  He looks good in a uniform.  I am grateful for the men and women who have served in the military.  Thank you for all you do.  Thank you for keeping us safe.  We love you.

No comments: