Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What a beautiful morning this is. We are at my brother Daniel's for this holiday. We are grateful for this family letting us invade their home.
Today my gratitude is on my youngest, Samantha. She is a beautiful little monster. Here is a picture that I took when she was less than one day old.
Such a new and special spirit in our home. Those who have followed our blog now what the next picture is all about.
Mom told me that we wanted her to fight and not to be surprised when she is always a fighter. I think I pictured something else. She sure is a fighter. She picks fights with her sisters all the time.
I took this picture of her a day or two after she got out of the hospital. She went home on oxygen and by the end of May she was completely off.
Here she is a few months later with a messy face and cute smile.
In this picture she is doing her little bob thing. She wants to stand but for the life of me I can't get her to walk.
This is her at age one. We had the slide out in the backyard and she wanted to have fun on it too. She was so excited to go down. Then she wanted to go over and over.
Here is the one year picture we had taken. What a cutie!
We had decided to do some spring cleaning. I was stressed out and decided I wasn't going to have another baby anytime soon. So I gathered the baby stuff in the garage to be packed up and put into storage. While I was working at that Sammi spotted her old carseat. Next thing I knew she had climbed in and made herself comfortable.
Sammi is most likely to be my tomboy. Here she is sporting her Aggie hat. You should see her in her Aggie gear and the hat. So cute!
This is the first part of October. We went to my sister's house to help her with her kids. This is Sammi kissing her newest cousin Chrislyn.
This was right before Thanksgiving. She is sporting her new hat and gloves.
I learn so much from Sammi. Most of it about not giving up and pushing forward. After Sammi ended up in the hospital we noticed that she seemed to be a little behind in her development. The last few months she has proven that she can overcome anything. She is no longer behind. In fact she maybe a little ahead now. Any words I teach Khole she picks up. She is the driving force behind Khole getting potty trained as well. Sammi gets a piece of candy everytime she (#1 or #2) in the potty. As a result Khole has become interested in trying too. Competition can be a good thing.
I love how much I mean to Sammi. I love it when she gives me kisses and hugs. I love her laugh. Yes even the one that sounds a little evil. I love you Samantha. You are so very special. I am grateful for you Sam.




No comments:
Post a Comment