I am grateful for my parents. I couldn't have asked for better parents. They have taught me the gospel and how to apply the principles. They have taught me to deal justly with my fellow man. They have shaped the person that I am. I love them very much.
Thank you Mom and Dad for all you have sacrificed on my behalf. My Dad is a hard worker. He taught me a lot about taking care of the yard. He taught me the value of knowing how to fix things yourself. My Dad can fix anything. In the process he has saved a lot of money. My Mom has taught me the value of an education. Since she was my teacher for Kindergarten and Second grade I learned early on that going to the principal's office or getting in trouble in anyway was not an option. I was more afraid of disappointing her than I was of anything else. Where I grew up there is this thing we like to call Basinisms. I thank my mother everyday for teaching me the right way to say things rather than to rely on slang. Because of that I can sound a whole lot more intelligent than I really am.
I watch the relationship my parents have. While Les and I are different people then they are I have tried to approach my relationship with Les in a similar manner. While I have observed them fight (definately tame compared to fights I have heard about among other couples) I have never doubted the love they have for each other. It is something I try to keep in mind as Les and I discuss things that bother/differ between us.
I am grateful for Les' parents as well. They raised him and he has become an incredible man. The experinces he has had in their home have shaped his view on the world and helped him form an incredible work ethic. Yes I did say he has an incredible work ethic. Since being released from the military he likes to act as if he doesn't but once he starts a project it is hard for him to stop.
They are also a good example of how the examples of others and the gospel can touch lives. In October, after years of inactivity, Les' dad became an Elder. He has stopped smoking and drinking coffee in order to get to this point. In fact, Les' mom is going to stop as well. Les and I are so proud of them and the changes they are making in their lives.
I am grateful for parents.

No comments:
Post a Comment