November 7, 2010

Gratitude #7

  I know what you are thinking that all of my gratitude posts are about temperal things so far.  I promise I am just trying to come up with things so that I can save my more near and dear things for the end.  With that in mind Gratitude #7 is for my phone.
I have never been a texter or anything like that.  I was content to use my phone for it's original purpose.  In the beginning the only reason I really carried a phone was in case I broke down.  This was very important when Les and I were first married because we lived in Taylorsville.  Having grown up in a rural area that was what I was used to.  I was overwhelmed with how many people were packed into small areas.  To ensure that Les would know what happened to me and be able to come to my rescue I made sure I always had my phone on me.  When Samantha ended up at Primary Children's Les decided it was time to upgrade our phones.  Enter the Blackberry Curve . . .
As I said before I am not a texter or at least I wasn't.  Well I still think that I am not a texter.  I definitely am not one of those who sits there staring at my phone with my fingers flying across the keyboard because I just have to text someone.  No I save texting for when I can't get the other person to answer their phone (but usually only family and close friends) or for when talking on the phone would be a disruption (like when Les is in class).  I love that because we both have blackberries that we don't have to do the regular texts.  We can use blackberry messenger.  In my opinion it is much faster.  I have instant communication with my husband.  Oh and also with my sister Jennifer, her husband Kelly, and my brother David because they all have blackberries.
Other great things about my phone . . . it is my brain (I enter appointments and other things I want to remember into the calendar and then it beeps at me to remind me), I can get on the internet (very important for when I need to call someone and I don't have the number or I need an address), and it has a camera (to capture moments that my other cameras stop as soon as they come out).
I am grateful for my phone.

No comments: