November 1, 2010

A Month of Graditude

I have a cousin who writes a post of graditude each day in November.  With all that is happening I thought it would be a great thing to do this year.  I have thought long and hard over the things that I will write.  It caused me to think back over the last year.  I am thankful for so many things.  I am grateful for the home we live in, the car that is able to get us where ever we need to go, living in a LDS rich community, and so many other things.  I just didn't know where to begin.  Then I came across this picture:
  This is my Grandmother.  It has almost been a year since she passed on.  I miss her so much.  Often when I would go out to visit my parents I would stop in to see her.  I have learned so many things from her.  She has been a great influence in my life and with a lot of help I hope that someday someone will think that about me.
  There is so much to say that I don't know where to begin.  I love her with all of my heart.  Even as I sit here I am crying.  The world lost such a sweet and loving individual when she died. 
  I spent many wonderful times in her home.  I absolutely loved her homemade bread.  In fact all the food at her house was the best.  She wasn't one to sit around a complain.  When I was at her house we often went for walks around the farm.  We looked at flowers, birds, cows, horses, and deer.  It wasn't until I was older that I really came to appreciate her energy.  I remember how shocked I was when I found out that she was a whole lot older than my other grandma.  I had thought it was the other way around.
  From my grandma I learned the importance of family.  Les and I both feel that family is the most important thing in our lives.  We arrange everything around family events so we can be there.  I also learned how important the gospel was to my grandmother.  She has been a great example to me.  I hope that I can be as knowledgeable and faithful as she was.  I am grateful for all that she taught me.  I am grateful that I got to spend time with her during her last days on this earth.  I am grateful that I can still feel her influence in my life/ I love you Grandma!

1 comment:

Mar~ said...

Wow.
Melanie, I didn't know you were writing your gratitudes for the month on November also. This is great! I love that you began with Grandma. I started to cry as I read your words.
You are beautiful. I am thankful for you.