I am grateful for my siblings. We have had many great times together. When I was young our T.V. broke and our parents decided not to replace it. It forced us to use our imagination and to play together. My brothers built forts in our backyard. Daniel made his from tractor tires. Bryan made his from wood and then dug a trench through ROCKY soil. Then they would have wars. Their weapons . . . rocks (we had a ton of them.) At one time or another I was on one side or another.
Our basement was a big open space for most of my youth. We would go down there and play war (with three brothers what else would we play.) We would put stuff over the windows and shut the door to the stairs and it would get dark enough that we would be able to sneak around and try to get behind our opponents. Ok so war wasn't the only game we played. We also played resturant. At lunch time we would take turns being the cook. Some of us would sit at the counter and "order" food. Then the one assigned to be the cook would prepare the food and serve it.
Another game we would play (I don't think we gave it a name and I don't remember all the details) was when Bryan came up with a glue mixture that he put on the back of his own stamps. So then we could "mail" letters and other things to each other. We also made our own money. I don't remember what we used it for. Maybe to pay for the stamps?
I think we had a lot of fun together. I wouldn't change how I grew up. It has helped shape the person I am today. I am by no means perfect but I am a unique individual. That is how I like it. My siblings are all unique individuals as well. I love them and am grateful that I had the opportunity to grow up in the same house with them.
I don't have pictures of all of Les' siblings. Here is the one that I do have. It is of Les' sister Sabrina.
While there are things that some of Les' siblings do that I disapprove of and hope my kids don't find "cool" I am grateful for the things that I have learned from them. To keep this from turning negative I will focus on Sabrina. She has been a great sister and family support for Les. I love that she loves my kids and that my kids love her. They are alway excited to go to Aunt "Sprina's" house. I am grateful to her for all she has done for Les and taught our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment