I usually make Halloween themed dinner on Halloween. I don't know how I got myself talked into what I did this year. Maybe I am trying to convince Khole that things are so much more fun here and that she will love living with us. With the adoption coming it has really made me pause to think. Will she be glad that we adopted her or will she think that we took her away from her parents? I don't know the answer to that. So what I did was for the lunch and dinner on Saturday (the day we celebrated Halloween) and Sunday I made Halloweenish food. Maybe these meals will inspire you for next Halloween. For lunch on Saturday I made homemade Mac N' Cheese swamp creatures and Mummy Dogs. Here is how it turned out.
I apparently didn't take pictures of our dinner on Saturday. We had a taco ring. It was fun to tell the kids that the olives were eyes and the melted cheese was skin. They loved it!
For lunch on Sunday we had Grilled Cheese Bats. Well I guess really only Khole and Sammi did. Emma wanted a pumpkin. I suggest the bats because you can get two per sandwich. I could only get on pumpkin out of Emma's sandwich. So I used another cookie cutter that says BOO for her other piece. Here are the pictures.
For dinner on Sunday I made Mummy Pizzas and Monster Toes. I did the monster toes different that the recipe I found. In the recipe it said to wrap torilla strips around one end of the cocktail weiner. I was running out of time so I did a homemade BBQ sauce to put them in.
It was worth the time it took to get it done. We hope you all have a fantastic holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment