Today my gratitude is on my oldest, Emma. She is the one who taught me what it was like to be a mother. To love someone so intensely and feeling their every move without ever laying my eyes on them. I feel so blessed to be her mother. Here she is a few days after she was born.
Emma has kept me on my toes. She is incredibly smart. She picks things up before I even realize that I am teaching it to her. My mom told me once she felt bad for whoever would be Emma's teacher. I felt a little offended until she explained why. She told me that Emma would be a challenge to keep motivated since she picks things up so fast. Everyday that we get a chance Emma does "homework" with me. She knows her colors and shapes. She can count to 10 and recognizes most of those numbers when she sees them. She recognizes most of the letters. She will now look at the writing on boxes and signs and then tell me the letters that are on it. One thing I have noticed lately is that she will tell me the letters in the wrong order. So our next lesson will include reading letters from left to right. She is so smart I don't know how I will keep up with her. Enjoy the pictures.
It says "Little Miss Firecracker."
Emma was a teddy bear for her first Halloween. How cute is she!
I love the "Pebbles" look.
Our first family Christmas picture.
Emma on Christmas morning 2007. It was her first Christmas.
First birthday picture.
Summer 2008
The night before Halloween 2008.
November 2008 at Hogo Zoo.
February 2009 after Les' cousin had her wedding reception. Emma caught the flowers with a lot of help from her daddy.
Emma as cinderella for her 2nd birthday.
Emma when she became a sister.
May 2009 she posed with this umbrella in a store.
July 2009 at Myton Elementary School.
2nd Halloween
Picture for 3rd birthday.
2010 4th of July BBQ at Uncle Ken's.
Halloween 2010
Enjoying the fall scenery in the mountains.
Obviously I have more pictures of Emma then I put on of either of the others. This is only because I had a bigger span of time to cover. I am grateful for all I learn from Emma. As she experiences new things it helps me to gain experience as a mother. Thank you Emma!










No comments:
Post a Comment