Gratitude #4 is for our cars. We have own a few cars over the years. After we moved so Les could go back to school we had to get rid of some of our cars. With Les in school we needed help. In order to get State help we could only have one car. At that time we had a Honda Civic, VW Jetta, and our Jeep. Les felt that the Jeep was the safest to drive. Meaning that if we were in an accident in it we wouldn't be as likely to be majorly hurt. I loved it because it was small enough that I could still reach Emma (the only kid we had at the time) without taking off my seat belt. Also because I was higher off the ground (I get a little nervous now when I get into lower vehicles). Then we had Samantha and it was still great. At least to me. To Les it was a sign that we would need a bigger car if we have more children. He is always a step ahead of me. In the early summer of 2009 our friend Uasi called to tell us about this car he had found on ksl cars. So we went to check it out. Although I felt it was too early to worry about more kids I did fall for that car. Enter our car:
It is a Yukon XL. While it isn't new it was a great find. It has the entertainment package in it. So the kids can watch movies (DVD and VHS) when we travel. It also has heated seats (I know nice huh)! We can fit three carseats across. We have a third row seat so we can have other passangers. Plus it is as long as a suburban so we have storage area in back. People have asked why we didn't get a van. I am NOT a van person. It is as simple as that.
This is Les' car. We decided we needed an extra car so that when one of us needed the car without the kids we wouldn't be wasting gas and all that space.
We are grateful for reliable transportation. We are grateful that we can go visit our families who are far away. All because of our cars.
No comments:
Post a Comment