November 20, 2010

Gratitude #20

Today I am grateful for Temples.  I love going to the Temple.  We are so blessed to live such a short distance from a Temple. 
When Les and I were first married we made it to the Temple weekly.  It was fabulous.  It was something I was determined to keep doing for the rest of my life.  Then I started throwing up.  I was pregnant.  Not that pregnancy is a reason to stop going but it did make it difficult to go.  There was this one time that we were on our way to the Temple and I had Les pull over so I could throw up.  Les told me we were going to go home.  I tried to convince him that I would be alright.  He felt differently so he took me home.  He dropped me off by the stairs to our apartment and went to park.  I slowly made my way up three stories worth of stairs.  By the time I got to the top I was very nauseous.  I tried to get my keys out to unlock the door but I knew I wasn't going to make it.  I leaned over the railing and threw up onto the grass far below.  Les came racing up the stairs to see if I was alright.  I told him I was.  He looked at his watch and said, "Had we continued on to the temple we would have just gotten inside about the time you threw up."
Later on when still prone to throw up but in better control of myself we were called to be on our ward's temple committee.  The chair of our committee had it set up that anyone in the ward could go three times a week to do sealings.  Do to work schedules Les and I were able to go two out of the three times.  I was wonderful.  Then we had our first precious little bundle.  We couldn't just up and go anywhere like we had been.  As we have added children it has gotten harder to find babysitters.  As a result we no longer are able to go there together.  We have it set up so that we each have a set day to go.  Les goes on Wednesday mornings before he goes to classes.  When Les can make it home early I get to go to the Temple on Thursday evenings.  If he can't make it home then I will go on Saturday mornings.  Like this morning.  I got up and headed right to the Temple.  It is the best way to start off my day. 

I am grateful that I have the opportunity to go in to the Temple.  Here is a picture of the Vernal Temple were Les and I were married.  It was a great day.
I am grateful for the Temple.

No comments: