I was going to write about something else today but due to the condition of my kids I am choosing to be grateful for Children's fever reducers. Kids get so miserable when they are sick. I am grateful that things like Tylenol and acetaminophen that help take away some of the discomfort. Last week Sammi had a bug that was causing diarrhea and vomiting but no fever. Then last night Emma and Khole each started vomiting. Of course my first thought was oh man two at once! Khole started first at dinner. So I waited a little while and then gave her crackers and sprite. She would eat a little and less than 5 minutes later she would throw it up. So that is when I decided to wait for her tummy to settle down. It was the middle of the night when Emma came to tell us she threw up. Then this morning I placed two towels on the livingroom floor. They each choose one and I told them they were to take these everywhere they went. Each also got a bucket to carry as well. To simplify things I set them up with a pillow under their towels. I figure if they stay in one place I won't find any surprises and I can keep the mess to a minimum. After Les made breakfast of eggs and cinnimon sugar toast that they didn't want to eat I put them in the livingroom to watch a movie. I brought in a little sandwich bag of crackers for each girl along with a drink. Emma kept telling me she was cold so I turned up the temp and got her a blanket. After a while that wasn't doing good enough so I checked her temperature. It wasn't anything major just a low grade temp. Enter Tylenol . . .
As all medications do it took a little while for it to kick in. Emma complained every few minutes that it wasn't working. I kept telling her to give it some time. After a while she wasn't so irritable. She quieted down and eventually even drifted to sleep. By the time she went to sleep the other girls woke up from their naps. We continued to watch movies and when Emma woke up she was a lot happier.Today I am grateful for fever reducers. It kept a bad situation from getting worse.

No comments:
Post a Comment