This is the picture of today's gratitude. Who is this baby? As you can see that isn't me in the hospital bed in the background. This baby is Khole Marie Mounteer. I am grateful for Khole. She came into this world an innocent baby. While I can't and really don't want to disclose what she has been through I can say this girl's life has been turned upside down more than once. She came into our home in April 2010. At the age of 2 she could only say 6 words. For those of you without kids or new parents that is not good. A one year old can say more than 6 words (maybe not well). Her previous foster mother was determined that who ever ended up with her would need to know sign language to communicate. Six months in our home and she can say more than 50 words, make two word phrases, and is learning to say three word phrases.
While Khole and I have had our ups and downs I can joyfully say that our relationship is growing. As the mother figure I had a lot to overcome to gain even a little bit of her trust. She will now let me hug her and will snuggle into my side. She will even ask me for things. Before she would wait until Les got home and then ask him for whatever she wanted. I am grateful that she has been able to grow and learn in our home. I have learned a lot about development and more importantly about myself through her. Sometimes what I learn has not been good but it allows me to grow and change. Thank you Khole! I love you.
Here are pictures of Khole.
This is a picture taken at our first visit with Khole after she was taken into State custody.
This is a picture taken the weekend Khole came to live with us.
Here is her 2 year picture we had taken a month after she came to us.
Here is Khole on the quad at USU in May when my brother graduated with his Master's degree.
Here is Khole from early in October taken in the mountains when we went up there to see the fall colors.
Can you believe the difference between the pictures? She has grown so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment